Winter Basketball-Different But The Same
This winter basketball season has been very different than the fall season, but in many ways it has been the same and even better than the fall. Statements that come out of my mouth can often be confusing. Let me explain. In the fall, we competed in the Silver division at Predator, and played in a couple of tournaments. Our record was a little over five hundred heading into the season ending tournament and we had competed very well. We beat, both the number 1 and 2 seeds, to win the Silver Division. As you know, we played extremely well and improved every game. Winter came and we moved to the Gold Division and started in the Kellom league. So far we are winless in Predator and 3 and 2 in the Kellom league. We have lost 2 players to injury and picked up a nice addition in Phil. Quite a difference from December. But what is the same is, we are competing very well and working extremely hard at becoming better each and every day. Although we have been short handed at practice and have had gym/school conflicts etc., we have worked hard at becoming better players and a better team. The level of competition has improved, but so have we. I am a broken record (or CD for the players who have never even heard of a record or even seen one one) when I say, Mike and I look at how we are progressing and looking at what kind of team we will be in the future--March. We are not the same team as when we started in October- literally and figuratively. We are extremely happy with our progress and we will continue to work hard and improve.
One other thing that is different, I didn't have any technicals in the Fall. I'll work on that!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home